Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At Independence Village of Aurora

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

My mom is very happy here. She is kept engaged with social activities, is transported to doctor appointments when needed, is very happy with her apartment as she's able to decorate as she wants and the staff is very caring. When I visit, I'm treated with the same caring and friendliness as my mom. I highly recommend this facility.

-Karen P
Resident's Family Member

I think a facility such as this is only as great as it’s staff. The staff during my fathers residency has been exceptional. The day staff works hard and really cares about its residents. The evening and weekends were more laid back but staff followed through on details and responsibilities. Through Covid times were tough on everyone but the staff stayed on top of things and were very mindful of changing situations.

-Marcia C
Resident's Family Member

My Dad has been here for 3 years today. There are not enough words to say how incredible they are. They truly care for these residents like they are family. The care, the food, the events...the way they go above and beyond to make the residents feel special is truly something great. Thank you!!

-Brian Hineman
Resident's Family Member

The best part about Independence Village is the people. The staff and caregivers are top-notch and they really do care. My mother has been there for five years, starting on the independent side and then moving to the assisted side two years ago. They offer a wide range of services to accommodate her as she needs more help. The apartments aren't huge, but they're well-appointed and comfortable, and the food is very good. My mom isn't a real "joiner" but there are tons of activities and events planned every week, and they do a great job at the holidays, Mother's Day, etc. My mother has been very happy at IV and I would definitely recommend it!

-Lori Barber
Resident's Family Member

I'm helping my mother as she considers moving into assisted living accomodations. I recently toured Independence Village of Avon with Ruth Ritter. First, Ruth has been amazing to work with. She's always made herself available at times which are most convenient for my mother and I. She truly understands the emotional, financial, and logistical challenges someone is faced with as they consider moving. As for Independence Village itself. It's a beautiful facility that is tastefully decorated and very well maintained. The rooms are very nice and high quality. They have a wide variety of activities and are very focused on maintaining a very inclusive, community feel. Additionally, it's located very near all the amenities one might need, but it's nestled amongst trees and greenery to create a peaceful environment.

-Mike Hitch
Resident's Family Member

My mother has been in Independence Village for 12 years and i can not find any faults in the organzation. She has excellent service and is extremely happy. I feel very confident in her security and she is taken very good care of. She is going to be 100 years old and love Independence Village. I researched many places and i could not found a better place. The staff is excellent and extremely helpful. I would recommend Indepence Village to everyone

-Sebastian Angelo Lupica
Resident's Family Member

Every staff member I have encountered has gone above and beyond. The facility is always clean. The staff is always willing to help. They have very cool activities. I would and have recommended this facility to everyone. My dad's rooms are very nice and the courtyard is a wonderful asset and beautiful to look at and be in.

-Tina S
Resident's Family Member

All of the employees here make you feel like you are part of the family! You feel that you can discuss anything, ask questions and address concerns all with the respect you deserve. I have so much fun living here, and if I don't it's my own fault! There are so many wonderful things to do you are never bored! I am glad to live here!

-Alice Heineman
Resident

The first day I walked into this senior living community, I felt the warm embrace of family.

- Resident

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 330-548-8272 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.