Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At Independence Village of Avon Lake

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

Independence Village was the perfect choice for us. Every time I walk in I am more impressed with the staff, the environment and above all how happy and active the residents are. They go the extra yard to ensure they know each resident and their needs and always with a smile. This is not a place that puts on a show for your tour, they are true to their word and what a relief for our family. I highly recommend Independence Village in Avon Lake!

-Patty Mack
Resident's Family Member

In all of my years of taking care of seniors in communities, I have never seen or experienced the love and compassion this team delivers every single day. They over deliver EVERY day. The residents are so well taken care of’ loved and respected with honor dignity and respect. They never miss an opportunity to go out of their way to make the “little” things, BIG things. This is THE Gold Standard in Senior care in the Cleveland Metropolitan area. Only place not only would I move my parents to, but would want to move there myself when it’s my turn! Congratulations to this team. Your care and compassion is so refreshing and appreciated!

-Elizabeth Hulbert
Business Partner

Our first impression of the Independent Living residences was and continues to be AMAZING! Our family member joined the Independence Village family as a resident one month ago. It was a difficult transition, not uncommon. One month later, she is smiling, happy, making friends, and joining the activities. The communication between all concerned is fantastic!The amicable staff knows the residents by name. The residents are friendly and welcoming. The apartments are beautiful. The activities are fun and plentiful. The dining provided by Chef Phil and his culinary team is delicious. Such a warm and welcoming community compared to others I’ve experienced. Thanks to all of you for your compassion and dedication!!!

-Diane Dersi
Resident's Family Member

I visited Independence Village of Avon Lake recently and they are wonderful! The staff are so caring and immediately make you feel like family as soon as you walk in the door. The rooms are nice and spacious and have a nice homey feeling to them. The staff is going above and beyond for all residents during this trying time we are going through. My mom is NEVER bored! I'm grateful she has such a loving and comfortable facility to call home!

- Resident's Family Member

My dad picked out the facility. I went to 6 different places and interviewed each one of them, I walked out and knew yes or no and when I walked in here I knew that this was going to be the place. Everything was amazing, the people are fantastic and they bend over backwards for you. Even during covid the staff were just incredible and did a phenomenal job with the restrictions. I just cannot say enough good things about this facility.

-Sue Schneid
Resident's Family Member

My grandmother has lived here over 10 years and the staff has gone above and beyond to make her life enjoyable and worth living. She just turned 103 and I believe they’ve added years to her life. Definitely consider this when looking for your family member’s new home.

-Kristen
Resident's Family Member

We feel so blessed to have found you and we will tell anyone who will listen how wonderful this community family is.

I wake up feeling like I’m at a resort on vacation.

- Resident

The staff went above and beyond for my mom and were there for her at every turn and we are extremely grateful.

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 440-930-7100 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.