Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At Independence Village of Midland

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

“I have been here for over 8 years. Moving here was one of the best moves we ever made.”

- Resident

When our parents needed a simpler living situation that still allowed for them to be able to come and go as they pleased, live on their own and maintain their own space, yet provided meals, easy access to socialization, flexible and adaptable support services if needed (transportation, health issues, housekeeping, etc.), maintenance help (Charles and Fred are awesome) as well as enrichment activities and amenities (exercise room, places to play cards, games, puzzles, activities room, library, and a brilliantly creative team offering all manner of activities - Beach Day activities that took over a full floor, parades, Mother's Day video compiling messages from families, etc), Independence Village fit the bill and then some. The staffing is wonderful, attentive, very friendly, and they all make a point of knowing all the residents names and special interests. Our parents are known there, and the staff members sincerely care. Alison, the director, provides timely and excellent communication with the residents, her staffing and families. We were able to work closely with IV to provide our father with regular PT in house, transition our mother to Memory Care, which was a tough decision; Alison and Myneshia listened intently, worked closely with us as partners in doing what is best for Mom. Throughout IV, including Memory Care, there is the feeling of a close neighborhood. During Covid, we appreciated the great caution and care taken under Alison's lead in partnership with her staffing to keep all residents safe, yet well cared for and families kept in close communication. The food could be more varied and inventive, but is nourishing and served by friendly staffing who know the druthers and tastes of each resident. The rooms are plenty large in IV for accommodating just what is needed for daily living. If you are able to work out the financing, IV beautifully offers wonderful amenities, great care, support, and comfort.

- Resident's Family Member

Why do I like Independence Village? I did NOT want to come. Home was comfortable - BUT I could not take care of my wife and the house too. Once here, I wish I had come sooner! Clean, good meals (my cooking was not that good or varied). Then the ladies who helped with my wife were compassionate. She was hurting and it showed. Surely tried the patience of the ladies helping her. Tried my patience also, and she was my wife! Now people like me to converse with. The Life Enrichment team organizes good entertainment. There is a shuttle for us to visit doctor's, church, and the grocery store. No longer can I drive (I am only 98 - good driving record if I stay out of the rain). I like the morning check in every morning. I can still walk with no cane (except on rough ground). Everyone I know here are as content as we can be at this age. I like inviting visitors for dinner. To sum it up, good place and I recommend it to several people.

-Keith Humbert
Resident

This community is great!! The fun events/activities they host for those who live there (especially during the pandemic) is awesome! This place is a great staple in the community and you can tell that all whom work there truly care for the residents & love what they do!

The rooms are bright and functional. They all have windows to look at bird feeders and a yard. The staff is very friendly and attentive. They always have fun activities for the residents. The food is excellent. We moved our mother from a memory care facility in Texas where her cognitive abilities were in decline and she seemed quite depressed, to Independence Village where her cognitive abilities have improved markedly as has her outlook. We regard this as a small miracle.

-Patrick Smith
Resident's Family Member

I found my 'home' when I moved into this community! The staff has beautifully carried on with the legacy of 'all things bright and beautiful.'

- Resident

The staff went above and beyond for my mom and were there for her at every turn and we are extremely grateful.

We feel so blessed to have found you and we will tell anyone who will listen how wonderful this community family is.

I wish we moved here 20 years ago. It's a paradise! And the people are GREAT!

- Resident

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 989-941-0596 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.