Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At Independence Village of Pella

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

Our family made the difficult decision to help mom and dad sell their beautiful new home and downsize to a more manageable residence about two years ago. And while the process certainly had plenty of emotional ups and downs, we are so thankful to have had the opportunity to work together—parents, children, and even grandchildren—through the sorting, purging, and setting up a new home experience. We are extraordinarily grateful to have found Independence Village in Pella for mom and dad. While their two-bedroom apartment is certainly smaller than their previous home, we’ve worked together to create a very cozy, comfortable, and manageable new homebase for them. All along the way, the genuinely remarkable and caring staff members—every single one of them—have been astoundingly accommodating, uplifting, encouraging, and wonderfully resourceful at every turn. The entire facility is spacious, tidy and clean, beautifully appointed, and bright and cheery. Activities and programming are creatively curated every week, and there is never a shortage of entertaining things to do and places to go, all organized and executed by the crackerjack staff. The title of this review is not hyperbole; I fully expect to live at Independence Village when the time comes for me to downsize to a more manageable home. Every time I walk into the building, I’m deeply satisfied and gratified to have such a terrific retirement community so close to the truly amazing town I’ve claimed as my own since moving here to attend college in 1980. I give Independence Village my highest recommendation, and I urge you and your family to visit and chat with the staff and residents to see if it’s a good match for you as well. I predict you’ll love what you discover there.

-Eric Sickler
Resident's Family Member

Independence village of Pella is a great place. The staff is very caring and passionate about their employees and clients. I would highly recommend Independence village of pella. I also, met a new employee Christopher and he’s was extremely friendly. Thanks for the great staff.

-Krystal Reeves
Resident's Family Member

The Independence Village family is the best way to describe all who give of themselves to others here. Everyone is friendly, thoughtful, skilled, and professional. Most importantly they care from the heart. They treat all of our respective family members as though they were their own. I have developed a trust in them and feel at ease knowing my loved one is loved and safe.

- Resident's Family Member

The buildings and grounds are well kept. They always look good and sell good. They staff is friendly and willing to listen and to try and give residents and their families what they would like to see happen. Mom's apartment is perfect. It was very fresh and clean when she moved in to it. We love to visit. Staff and other residence enjoy it when we spend time with everyone not just our mom. Mom loves it here. She loves spending time with her new friends, she likes the staff a lot and loves her apartment. Everyone is very upbeat and helpful.

I wish we moved here 20 years ago. It's a paradise! And the people are GREAT!

- Resident

The staff went above and beyond for my mom and were there for her at every turn and we are extremely grateful.

I consider myself lucky and blessed to have ended up here. I love it here and found my lifelong friends. Anyone who lives here is the luckiest person in the world.

- Resident

We feel so blessed to have found you and we will tell anyone who will listen how wonderful this community family is.

The community is beautiful. You didn’t leave out a thing. I love it here and will never regret coming here. Thanks for all you have done for me!

- Resident

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 641-458-9727 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.