Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At Independence Village of Plymouth

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

We brought my brother here after he had a stroke. He had been through so much in such a short time ( his wife has just passed away, he lost his house, car, dog …literally everything he cared about). When we found Independence Village it was a godsend. The accommodations are wonderful. The food is excellent. They have such fun activities every day and special events throughout the year for them to enjoy. The staff and all caregivers at Independence Village are amazing. They welcomed him with open arms. He is so happy there. The Regional Director for Laurus Home Care and the Director of Independence Village are such compassionate, knowledgeable and caring women. They treat [name removed], and all their residents, like family. We are grateful to God that my brother can live there. I pray he never has to move.

-Charlene
Resident's Family Member

“Right from the start, it felt different than the other places we visited. The staff is the friendliest group. Everyone (including the residents) we met were happy. I watched them play bowling (video) and pool (actual pool table). The dining room looks like a golf resort restaurant. When we arrived, we were greeted by many on the staff and they were very attentive to Moms needs. It is a big move for Mom, and by the end of the first day Mom was humming a song to herself. I knew then we made the right choice.”

-Adi Madau
Resident's Family Member

I love the location because we are near a large park and the small charming city of Plymouth, Michigan which has a vibrant downtown.

- Resident

Both my mother and my mother in law were residents of Independence Village of Plymouth. I cannot begin to express how happy I, and my family, were with the care that they received from the staff and management at IVP. It was very apparent that their top priority was the care and comfort of the people that lived there. I was very taken by their continued graciousness, kindness, and willingness to always help, no matter what the situation was. I strongly recommend IVP if you are looking for a facility for your loved ones.

-David Bawulski
Resident's Family Member

“We looked around at several places where our mom could move to once her husband passed away. She could not live alone at home anymore. When we walked into Independence Village (IV) we felt at home. We knew that this was the place for mom. The people there are so friendly and attentive to your needs. They always have something fun happening for the residents. The folks look like they are having fun. Mom's room is facing the courtyard and has a beautiful view of Hines Park. The location is great. Really quiet area. Nice common areas for the residents to hang out. You can even go for a walk down Hines Drive if you want. Highly recommend this place.”

-Dinu Madau
Resident's Family Member

The staff and director, Debbie Hall, have done a stellar job keeping the residents safe and happy throughout the challenges of COVID. My mom is a resident there and enjoys the activities, people and food. I am comfortable in knowing my mom is at such a great place! I highly recommend it for your loved ones.

-Kim Rinaldi
Resident's Family Member

The ambience of the rooms and general layout is fabulous. The furniture are exquisite! Staff are warm and always willing to cater to the needs of residents your laundry and array of menu to choose from. There are no dull moments with daily exercise and devotional. There are games, grooming (hair salon, manicure and pedicure) Residents often get spoilt a little in the Spa. The library takes care of your intellectual yearnings. The Independence village is home away from home!!

- Resident's Family Member

After a bad fall and rehab, our beloved aunt needed some extra assistance, so we toured a few places in the area. Independence Village of Plymouth won us over hands down. Their staff seriously welcomed us and Mary like one of their own. We were completely overwhelmed with the huge burden they lifted off our shoulders when we needed help the most. Rooms were charming and clean, an extension of home. Staff bent over backwards to assist us and the food was so good, we wanted to join her for dinner.

The atmosphere at this community is so much gentler and kinder than any other senior care community we have ever been in.

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 734-469-3385 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.