Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At StoryPoint Union

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

Very pleased with people, apartments very nice, food is excellent. I looked at other places and this one outweighed them all.

-Faye McMillian
Resident

My mom moved into Story Point at the end of May 2021. She's been there a little less than 2 months, and so far she loves it. Her apartment is beautiful, the food is great, and the location is good. The benefits of bi-weekly house cleaning and laundry services are excellent. The staff are all very friendly and helpful, and helped my mom, who is new the area, start to make some friends. She enjoys the activities, both those in the building, and the trips out around the area to sight-see. Michelle, the director truly cares about the residents, and was very helpful in getting my mom settled in. I would recommend Story Point to anyone looking to downsize into an independent living facility.

-Sara Raukhorst
Resident's Family Member

From the moment my sisters and I walked in with my mom, we all knew this was the place! Mom is very independent and is 83, and was living alone. My sisters and I are with her a lot, but she was not staying active and doing activities like she used too. We (as siblings) felt it was time. We honestly had been searching for the perfect place for about 2 years. She was on a waiting list at another facility, but I wasn't feeling that this was the place. And StoryPoint opens up!!! Literally several miles from my other sister. So we all scheduled an appointment to just look and talk to them. Mom signed up that day! No joke!! It has taken her a few months to get really adjusted and comfortable, but she is really happy there and what's amazing is that ALL of the employees Literally knows everyone and goes out of there way to say hello and ask if she needs anything or to just chit chat with her!!! Who does that?? StoryPoint does and they 100% truly care about everyone who walks through those doors! This all being said, the look, atmosphere, activities, food, staff, cleanliness, brightness my list goes on and on. I can't say enough wonderful things about StoryPoint. They are now family!

-Ann Boling
Resident's Family Member

The staff is extremely supportive and caring. The team at SP is extremely attentive to the residents and strives to keep the actively engaged with all events. The rooms and grounds are very well kept. Meal selection and dining facilities are first class.

-Mike McH
Resident's Family Member

Story Point living for seniors is one great story for us. We had lived in a new home for 20 years and loved our house and neighborhood. Though my wife and I are both in our eighties, we had no intention of selling our house and significantly downsizing. A friend who lived at the new Story Point in Union, KY, asked us to come and tour the facility. To say we were positively overwhelmed would be an understatement. We loved the staff we met because they seemed to really care. The cleanliness of the whole building was beyond expectation. The menus for dinner we were shown were fantastic. The fact that the chef had worked for several cruise lines made it even better. After our visit, we did a comparison between the yearly cost to live in our house and the cost to live at Story Point. In the long run, the costs were similar. The one difference was a significant decrease in responsibility to live at Story Point. In fact, since we moved into Story Point in November 2020, we have actually saved money because we no longer have all the little unexpected costs of owning a home. As residents in the new Union facility, we have found things to be pretty much as promised. There have been no disappointments in our new home. The staff is great and very caring starting with the front desk to the Executive Director to the head of Food Services. The food tends to be good on a daily basis with several options from which to choose. The cleaning of your apartment every two weeks is a bonus. Also, bed linens and towels are cleaned each week which is very helpful. Since November, I have been able to leave our apartment and work in my office a few miles away. We have been able to travel and to have visits from relatives. I love to exercise and there is good equipment in the building. I have able to complete two virtual half marathons in the area which has been rewarding. The community is very supportive of each other. As part of this, Dotty and I have started a thirty minute, nondenominational worship service on Saturday attended by 16 - 24 people weekly. The main purpose is to discuss issues that seniors are dealing with daily. We are also helping all who attend to work to make Story Point an even more caring community among the residents and to assist the staff in doing this. If you are thinking about a good place to live, come check out Story Point in Union/Kentucky. I believe you will love what you see.

-AdmiralDewey (Dewey Sanders)
Resident

StoryPoint has been a true Blessing. My mom is full blooded Japanese, always stayed home and cleaned house and raised us and grandkids. Went to church every Sunday. My dad passed away 8 years ago. After 57 Yrs of marriage she was alone. With medical issues she was not able to drive. She is now 90 Yrs old. For the most part self sufficient. Her house had too many steps and she had fell down them twice. Once requiring 36 stitches in her head where it hit concrete. With increased instability and having had pneumonia 2 Yrs in a row I the winter months, we sent her to my sisters in TX. She enjoyed the visit but wanted to be home. StoryPoint has given her her own space, freedom to do and choose activities, socialize,but most of all peace of mind for all her family and loved ones and her dog gets to stay there too. She still owns her home, but her things are with her that give her comfort. She has 2bedrooms 2 baths her own laundry plenty of closets for storage and a fully equipped kitchen. She likes baths and they installed a new tub in her unit, so she has a tub and shower. All of the staff is so kind and thoughtful. Everyone really cares. We are blessed to have them and though It’s hard on anyone to leave their home this is the best alternative. If she ever needs assisted living they provide that too. If your looking for a new home, or a safe place for your loved ones I suggest looking at StoryPoint. We looked and looked and we are confident this was the right place for our mom.

-Darlene Wright
Resident's Family Member

A service industry can buy printed and broadcast advertising; however, trust, reputation, and goodwill cannot be purchased, they must be earned. In my opinion, this community has richly earned and deserves recognition for those attributes which we value so highly.

- Resident's Family Member

I wish we moved here 20 years ago. It's a paradise! And the people are GREAT!

- Resident

The first day I walked into this senior living community, I felt the warm embrace of family.

- Resident

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 859-305-3995 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.