Voted #1 In Senior Living By Those Who Matter Most.  Learn More >

Reviews & Awards
At Independence Village of White Lake

For 40 years, our communities have been considered the best in senior living by residents, families and community members alike.

I am a new resident at Independence Village in White Lake. I am very pleased and happy with my apartment and look forward to all the events that are held here. the dining room is beautiful and I enjoy the food very much. I am pleased to call this my home. the staff are so friendly and welcoming.

-Eleanor F
Resident

If your loved one or family is making a choice in the White Lake / Commerce Twp. area, there is not a better team to help provide care and peace of mind with caring for those you love the most. I have two very complex elders that depend on a lot of additional care we as a family would find difficult to provide ourselves. We have had at least one relative live at Independence Village for almost a decade, even through the Covid-19 Pandemic, and could never imagine another facility taking on this responsibility. They have been caring, loving, and most of all professional through some of the hardest most difficult times in history to provide care. Independence Village of White Lake is definitely best in class in a very crowded industry. Thank you Independence Village White Lake for a job well done. Our family will forever remember the ease of mind you have provided us, through our time of need. And keeping our relatives clean, safe and fully engaged in their lives, we couldn't ask for more.

-Earl Stoddard
Resident's Family Member

This facility exceeds all my expectations. I didn’t realize how many services are offered. Including housekeeping, meals in dining room and delivered to your room. Laundry, garbage pick and more. The food is great. With many choices on the menu. They even have Happy Hour. The rooms are spacious, bright and all new when you get one. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Everyone knows your name here. The residents seem happy and well cared for. There are a myriad of activities to choose from. You can have a cat or dog. The courtyard rooms are great for your pet. I never thought I’d be happy in a care facility but I am.

-Carmen
Resident

My mom lived in this facility for a limited time, but I can tell you that she lived in other communities and none held a candle to this one. The main reason is the amazing staff. I felt like mom had such a great team of support.

-Cindy Ciura
Resident's Family Member

My Parents were residents at Independence Village of White Lake. The staff there was nothing short of AMAZING! Staff would stop by to visit or just pop in to make sure everything was ok. We cant thank them enough for all their LOVE! The Culinary team is Phenomenal with all the delicious items they serve every day. The Activities team are hands down the best Team you could have. On top of all the activities they provide, they are caring and loving individuals. The wellness team--WOW they showed so much care and love to MOM & DAD between [names removed], and the rest of the team, THANK YOU SO MUCH!The housekeeping and Maintenance teams were outstanding too.And last but definitely not least... Kelly, the Executive Director was one of the deciding factors about moving our parents to the property. She was on top of everything from A--Z. Thank you all for a terrific time. I would absolutely recommend Independence Village of White Lake.

-Dan M
Resident's Family Member

The entire staff including maintenance, kitchen staff, front desk personnel, the executive director and sales team have exceeded my expectations. They have all been extremely kind to my parents and even remember their names and things they enjoy! The rooms are beautiful and my parents particularly like their apartment overlooking the pond! They also love the balcony. My parents seem to especially enjoy any and all activities where they can interact with other residents! The residents have also been exceptionally friendly and welcoming! My mom and dad liked living at Independence Village the day they moved in, and so far, each day thereafter! I am 100% satisfied that they are safe, well fed, and happy. Oh yes - they LOVE the food! Probably their favorite thing at their new home.

-Lynn O
Resident's Family Member

We went with Independence Village because the staff were truly amazing and actually gave my mom a 10 day free trail there. They furnished the entire apartment and went all out to make her feel as comfortable as she could. The location was also a big factor, my parents spent 40 years here so she had a lot of friends in the area. The facility is gorgeous, my mothers apartment is wonderful, and the price we are paying is very reasonable for what we are getting. I really like the fact that she can start out independent and if need be move to assisted living but does not have to leave her apartment, they just bring the care to her. The other perk I like is she wanted to personalize her apartment and they let us hire painters to come in and paint her apartment. I would absolutely recommend to other families looking.

-Pam G
Resident's Family Member

Love love love Independence Village! Especially during this pandemic keeping everyone safe. Mom was as happy as could be expected without all the activities.

- Resident's Family Member

I found my 'home' when I moved into this community! The staff has beautifully carried on with the legacy of 'all things bright and beautiful.'

- Resident

X

We'd Love To Hear From You

Connect with us by phone at 248-413-8397 or schedule a tour today to get answers to your questions, or just to say hello.