March 18th, 2020
March 18, 2020
Proactive Dining Measures For All Residents
With ever-changing information around COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we want to use an abundance of caution in our efforts to keep our communities safe.
With every seasonal virus and flu, there isn’t a way to completely prevent the spread of infectious diseases, but we are exercising all efforts that are in our control, which include our established protocols that not only adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and all other national, state, and local governing bodies, but go beyond these standard protocols. We’re also implementing defined measures around social distancing in our communities.
Effective immediately, we will be instituting a 14-day proactive measure for all dining services. All meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) will be delivered directly to residents in their apartments in disposal containers.
- Breakfast will be delivered to residents’ apartments between 9-10 a.m.
- Lunch will be delivered to residents’ apartment between 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Dinner will be delivered to residents’ apartment between 4:30-5:30 p.m.
With every meal delivery, each resident will receive an order ticket for the next meal. Please adhere to the following guidelines for filling out your tickets:
- Place an “X” in the box next to your selection. (Do not circle or highlight.)
- Do not cut or fold the tickets.
- Only select one item per category.
- Please have your ticket completed one hour before each meal period for collection by our culinary teams.
During this 14-day period, we will be refining our dining and meal delivery service to ensure we create the absolute best dining experience for our residents. While we are proactively minimizing movement throughout our communities, we will still be organizing life enrichment activities to keep residents connected with one another and engaged. Thank you for your understanding during this time. We will continuously provide updates as new information is made available. If you have any questions about our safety and dining protocols, please reach out.
March 13, 2020
Information For Clinical Partners
For over 37 years, our communities have been founded on providing the absolute best care for our residents. Without your trust in us, we wouldn’t be here today. We are extremely grateful for the opportunity to partner with you in creating truly personalized experiences for those we serve every single day.
You have all heard information about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) We would like to advise all of our clinical partners that we are here to support patients during this uncertain time. We remain able to accommodate move-ins to our community and can do so quickly and efficiently.
With every seasonal virus and flu, there isn’t a way to completely prevent the spread of infectious diseases. But in these events, we believe our residents are in the best position to receive the care they need. Our team is equipped to provide personalized care unique to each resident and execute the same protocols we have always used for flu-like symptoms.
We have culinary teams prepared with virus-specific menu planning checklists to ensure all nutritional requirements to stay healthy and/or fight illness are met.
- We have housekeeping teams prepared with CDC-recommended cleaning products and processes to sanitize the community multiple times per day.
- We have specially trained wellness teams to provide personalized care and implement our established protocols for protecting against seasonal illnesses.
- We have life enrichment teams specially trained to ensure our residents are engaged and connected to the rest of the community in the event of temporary separation. Referrals and move-ins can be conducted through voice-to-voice meetings (no in-person evaluation required) with our clinical teams to evaluate care levels and facilitate timely move-ins.
Due to executive orders and enhanced safety protocols, all move-ins will be in temporary separation ‘quarantine’ for 14 days.
March 13, 2020
Update: Communication To StoryPoint Employees
As an Employee First organization, our employees are our top priority. Without you, we couldn’t love and care for our residents — and your dedication to our mission of creating the absolute best experiences for those we serve is something we never take for granted. For this reason, we put your safety first, and we always adhere to the highest standards to maintain your well-being.
Due to ever-changing information around COVID-19 (Coronavirus), we are writing to inform you that we are adhering to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) as well as following our established protocols that go beyond the standard measures for protecting our employees from any seasonal illnesses and viruses in our communities.
Our protocols include:
We are providing free meals to all employees during their shifts.
- We are taking extra precautionary measures to ensure all of our employees are able to perform the responsibilities of their role; in the event an employee cannot fulfill their duties, we will work with them on a suitable solution.
- We are following the same protocols for employees as we are for essential visitors; we are checking temperatures of all employees and filling out a questionnaire with their information. We ask that you are honest about recent travel or any illness you may be experiencing as this protects you, your peers and those we serve.
If you feel ill, immediately go to your leader. We understand we are facing unique circumstances, and in the event you are experiencing symptoms of any illness, we will work with you to keep both you and our community safe.
We will be in constant communication as governmental requirements change that may impact us and/or information about our protocols is updated. Thank you for your commitment to our residents and families, and for your understanding as we work to keep our communities as safe as possible. If you have any questions, please connect with your leader.
March 13, 2020
Update: Total Visitor Restriction To StoryPoint Communities
For over 37 years, our communities have been founded on providing the absolute best care for our residents. As with every flu and virus strain we’ve encountered, we are diligent in adhering to the same established protocols that have prevented and controlled seasonal illnesses and viruses across our communities. These protocols include adhering to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and those of governmental agencies, as well as our standard protocols.
Due to executive orders from these governing bodies and in accordance with our enhanced measures to protect the well-being of our residents and employees, we are temporarily restricting all visitor access to our community.
Essential visitors will continue to have access into our community to maintain the absolute best care for our residents. Essential visitors include health care personnel such as hospice services. We ask that all family and other guests do not visit our community at this time.
To reach your loved one, please call our community. We have systems in place for you to connect with your loved ones while keeping all of our residents safe. If you have any questions about our safety protocols please contact us.
March 12, 2020
Procedure For Personal Deliveries To Residents
Loved ones can drop off items for their loved ones to our communities. Drop-off is available from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., seven days per week. Here are the protocols for deliveries:
- Please call ahead to alert our receptionist that you will be delivering a package to your loved one.
- Drop off your package/items to the tables set up in the vestibule at the front entrance.
- Please mark packages with your loved one’s name (the resident’s name).
- If able, please leave a note with the package to help us identify who delivered the package.
We will handle the delivery of all packages to our residents. Thank you for your understanding and support in protecting the well-being of our residents and employees.
March 12, 2020
Limited Visitor Access To StoryPoint Communities
Effective immediately, we will be enacting temporary visitor restrictions in our communities. Two visitors per resident per day will be permitted. In our secured neighborhoods, only essential visitors will be permitted. Essential visitors include required health care personnel such as hospice services. Visitors will not be permitted between 7 p.m. and 7 a.m.
We will continuously provide updates as new information is made available. If you have any questions about our safety protocols, don’t hesitate to contact us.
March 11, 2020
Communication To StoryPoint Employees
Each of you plays a key role in implementing our proactive and precautionary efforts to keep our employees, residents, and communities safe against the spread of seasonal illnesses and viruses, like the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Our commitment to safety begins with adhering to the recent standard operating procedure (SOP): Preventative maintenance process for disinfecting and sanitizing a community prior to an influenza outbreak, which is being communicated by the safety committee. All operational functional departments are assigned specific areas of the community to disinfect and sanitize on a timely basis, which assists with slowing down the spread of any viruses.
Our precautionary measures are in line with those recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). We will continue to adhere to the recommendations of the CDC and other governmental agencies, as well as rely on our years of safety experience, to ensure our communities continue to maintain the highest precautionary standards against illnesses like COVID-19.
In addition to taking all precautionary measures, we have established an internal team dedicated to monitoring any news related to COVID-19. This team will provide regular updates about the virus so that our communities stay at the forefront of knowledge and communication to our safety committee.
Thank you for your commitment to always upholding our safety protocols.
March 11, 2020
StoryPoint Senior Living’s Commitment During COVID-19
For over 37 years, our communities have been founded on providing the absolute best care for our residents. Without their trust in us, we wouldn’t be here today, and we are extremely grateful for the opportunity to serve them and create truly personalized experiences every single day.
These experiences across all StoryPoint communities include adhering to safety protocols established over years of industry knowledge and experience. These safety protocols are used to protect against the spread of seasonal illnesses and viruses, like COVID-19.
How Can I Protect Myself From COVID-19?
You can do your part to help prevent the spread of germs by:
- Avoiding close contact with those who appear sick (this includes staying home when you’re not feeling well)
- Practicing proper handwashing techniques, which includes washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Cvering your mouth and nose when you sneeze with a tissue, and then immediately throwing the tissue into the trash
- Cleaning and disinfecting surfaces and objects that are frequently touched and/or that are touched by many people
- Avoiding touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unclean hands
What StoryPoint Is Doing To Protect Residents From COVID-19
As with every flu and virus strand we’ve encountered, all StoryPoint communities are diligent in adhering to the same protocols that have prevented and controlled seasonal illnesses and viruses in our communities for the past 37 years. Our existing precautionary measures not only adhere to the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), but go beyond these standard protocols. Our measures include:
- We have defined a preventative maintenance process that has tasked each functional department with disinfecting and sanitizing high traffic areas of our communities (handrails, elevators, dining room tables/furniture, etc.) three times per day.
- We utilize CDC-recommended cleaning products for all disinfecting and sanitizing.
- We will continue to enforce our policies around travel protocols and visitor access, which includes a visitor questionnaire to identify any flu-like symptoms.
- All resident events scheduled outside the community and off-site life enrichment outings have been postponed.
- All community activities that require an outside partner have been postponed.
- All business development specialists will be working exclusively outside of the community, and all events involving other professionals will be held off-site.
- We have implemented mandatory reinforcement training for all employees on ceasing the spread of germs and viruses.
- We have temporarily changed our brunch format; we will utilize plated service instead of buffet service.
- We are accommodating residents who request direct meal delivery to their apartments.
- We are utilizing our virus-specific menu planning checklist to ensure nutritional adequacy, which includes foods sufficient in vitamins A and C, and in protein.
- We have distributed a variety of communications on COVID-19 throughout our communities including symptoms to be aware of and how to prevent the spread of germs.
- We have formed a designated internal team dedicated to providing routine updates about COVID-19.
In the event COVID-19 impacts our communities, we’ve formed a staffing task force of voluntary, specially trained employees to travel to affected communities to fill any employee gaps. With every seasonal virus and flu, there isn’t a way to completely prevent the spread of infectious diseases. In events like the one we are currently experiencing, we believe our residents are in the best position to receive the care they need.
By choosing to live with us, our residents’ homes are equipped with specially trained wellness teams that provide personalized care and execute the same temporary separation “quarantined” process we have always used for flu-like symptoms. Our culinary teams will utilize direct meal delivery service as well as our virus-specific menu planning checklist to ensure all nutritional requirements are met. Our life enrichment teams are trained to ensure our residents — even if temporarily separated — are engaged and connected to the rest of the community.
Our settings (housekeeping and maintenance) teams will continue to perform our rigorous cleaning and disinfecting protocols in every area of the community. All of these measures are the same ones we have been following for flu-like viruses for the past 37 years.
For more information about COVID-19 prevention, visit www.cdc.gov/COVID19. For information about StoryPoint Senior Living’s safety protocols, call 1-855-40-STORY.